Supporting each other.
We are a support group for those affected by Tourette’s Syndrome
and other tic disorders in Denver and Colorado that is affiliated with
the Tourette Association of America, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
ABOUT DENVER TAA
Demver TAA is an informational, confidential, secular support group for anyone with Tourette’s Syndrome or other tic disorders and for families and care givers supporting someone with TS. We are volunteer run.
We offer (free) in-person meetings, online meetings, online resources and a Facebook page. We also help find professionals who specialize in TS and tic disorders in Colorado, provide support and community to everyone, and especially to families with newly diagnosed children.
We are affiliated with the Tourette Association of America, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEETINGS – 2020 SUPPORT GROUP CALENDAR
Meetings take place the 2nd Tuesday of the month, every other month.
Time: 7:00-8:30 PM
MEETING LOCATION: Lutheran Medical Center, 8300 W 38th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
We meet on the 2nd floor at the Learning Center in room LC-3. Once on the 2nd floor, go down the ramp, turn right and follow the signs to the learning center.
“Granting of permission by Lutheran Medical Center to use hospital facility does not constitute endorsement by.”
- March 10, 2020 – Topic: We will watch and discuss Video 1 or 2 of Dr. John Walkup’s Online Seminar for Newly Diagnosed TS Kids, then discuss the best local resources for treating Tourette’s and its comorbid conditions (OCD, ADHD, anxiety, rage, etc.).
- May 12, 2020 – Topic: Join us as Catherine Mathon, MA, LPC from Opal Counseling shares Self-Care Strategies for Overwhelmed Parents.
- July 14, 2020 -Topic: TBD.
- September 8th – Topic: Are Your Child’s Neuropsychiatric Disorders Part of Tourette’s or are they Symptoms of Something Else? Join us as Ruth Setlak, LCSW, discusses signs, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of two complex, often-dismissed neuropsychiatric disorders: Pediatric Autoimmune Disorders Associated with Strep (PANDAS) and Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Symptoms (PANS).
- November 10, 2020 – Topic: TBD.
*Additional special guest speakers TBD.
SIGN UP FOR THE DENVER TAA EMAIL LIST
We send out emails periodically with reminders about our meetings, webinars, links to resources, and other information that may be of interest to local TS families. Sign up to get our emails.
Get in Touch
Send Us a Message
Note: our site links do not work with IE or Edge. Contact us for info at DenverTAA@gmail.com.
Copyright Denver TAA Support Group – All rights reserved 2019